Whats In Today Show - Fin Bed Buyers Beware!
On January 20, 2016 we saw a feature of the Fin Bed on The Today Show's "Steals and Deals" segment.We purchased a king size bed for $749 ($200 off regular price) which had a 100 day warranty.
We received the bed on February 12, 2016. After sleeping on the bed for over a week we experienced more discomfort and back aches than our previous mattress. We contacted the company on February 22, 2016 to request a return/refund. They first requested we speak to someone in their customer service department, which we did on February 24th.
In the phone call the customer service representative tried to talk us into trying the bed a little longer to give us a chance to "get used to it." I replied that this solution would not work for us because we were experiencing such pain in the mornings. After a bit more discussion, they agreed to begin the refund process, and Kelly Morgan in Customer Service would contact me about next steps. Kelly's email requested that we either select a local charity who would take the mattress as a donation and either have What's In Today contact them and arrange for pick-up, or we could contact/schedule/complete the donation pick-up and simply email them the receipt. We asked them to coordinate the donation.
However, it proved difficult to find an org. who would take a king bed as a donation so our next option was to recycle it through Good Will. Which we did on April 13, 2016.
After submitting the receipt on April 14, 2016, we still couldn't get an answer to any emails or voicemails until April 25, 2016 when CEO Steve Haber called me to apologize and say that they would process the refund in 3 days.We have yet to see a credit to our account and no one is responding to our phone calls or emails.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Will not honor refund policy
- Refuses to respond to emails and calls
- False advertisement or company that les and cheats customers
- Lying cheating companies
- Reason of review:
- Offer $ back guarantee but WILL NOT honor it!
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fin Bed
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "NAME: Check People, LLC. ACCREDITED BUSINESS: NO CONTACT: Ethan Rodriguez ADDRESS: Check People advertises free people search, or $1.00 reverse phone lookup, I thought good price like an ***, utilized..."
- "Trusted this scam artist of claiming he can sell me 1000 units of iPad minis. Sent the money to this clown to some pre-paid card account, for he claims it..."
- "Today i received my Thermostat.It is good,Definetly the Price is Very good and attractive comparing to the other brands of same specifications.The product was delivered within 4 days,if you are..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."